Mother's Day














Every year Mother's Day means more to me than the year before. I know it changed once I became a Mom, but theres more to it than that. More of my fellow girlfriends, sister-in-laws and co-workers are becoming Moms, so the network surrounding me is also becoming bigger. It's like you've finally earned a membership into the club, and you are automatically bonded with fellow Moms for life. You talk about poop and leaky boobs without batting an eye.
My view on my Mom has changed. She is more appreciated with each year that I am mothering my own two children. She's has moved to where the winters are warm and she is deeply missed. My best friend is expecting her first child this fall. She is going through testing and screenings to ensure a safe and healthy term for her baby girl. I know women who have tried, but could not be mothers. I've also seen Mothers that wished they weren't. It is such a demanding and thankless job.
Today, I'm quietly examining the dynamics of my family. My 4 year old son has appeared to grow another inch over night officially making all but one pair of pants into highwaters, and my 2 year old daughter was groovin' to Lily Allen on the radio with such spunk I was almost jealous.
I can see how important a Mother really is, and I see how important children are as well.

No comments: