Silver Posies

I really love the use of wire in my fused glass pieces. But the control of unwanted bubbles has been a challenge. I've tried different temps in the kiln, adjusting heating times, prolonging hold times, you name it. I invite the cute bubbles, but all you need is one big, unwanted bubble to ruin your design completely. I discovered a happy little mistake the other day. I had done my usual set up with the layers of glass- starting with a base piece, my wire design, and a cap layer of clear glass. When I removed the pieces from my kiln, I discovered that my top clear layer of glass had slid to the side during the fusing process on one of my pendants. Well the area that was exposed with my wire sunk a bit into the glass just a bit. Now, I am thinking there might be a way to perfect a topless wire fuse. So I'm off to experiment more with wire as a surface embellishment. I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

These are beautiful!
If these are the ones with mistakes, I surely do not see them!